Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Crazy Bird Lady

Now I must start with how I have become the Crazy Cat, Bird, and Dog Lady. When my son was in 8th grade some 6 years ago he worked in a pet store! He is very knowledgeable and good with animals so he some how convinced me to allow him to get two love birds. Two turned into many and even a white parakeet showed up! We gave away many and figured out how to stop the mass procreation by buying separate cages for the love birds. No one said we were bright!
Years have gone by and I am left with two love birds(in separate cages) and one white parakeet. When I was a child we had parakeets but they didn't last more then 2 or 3 years but some how our white one has last over 6 and much to my chagrin have found out that love birds live 15 years or more!
I have 8 0r 9 more years to go before I am bird less!!! I will be around retirement age according to the US government before I am bird less! Now my husband has come up with a solutions for the bird situation but just opening the cage doors while I am cleaning the cages on the back deck seems cruel. As this would work for two of the birds one has been hand raised and won't fly away. You ask how do I know this, well he sits on my shoulder and I have gone running down the street after the dog and this lady is staring at me and when I pass her on the way back she says to me "Are you aware you have a small parrot on your shoulder?" He thinks I am his mother and won't fly away!!! This is how I have become the Crazy Bird Lady!
I forgot about the 15 or so Guinea Hens that come running when I step to the backyard but that is another story

4 comments:

ALF said...

Crazy bird lady! That's why your house is called "The Zoo". The little boy I babysat during the summer always wanted to come to our house "and pet all the animals". You should charge admission.

People might not know what a guinea hen is - post a picture of one!

Anonymous said...

Crazy Animal Lady, I am leaving for my new job on Sunday afternoon heading to Buffalo. Have rented an apartment in Niagara Falls, so come and have a vacation for a couple of days. I am coming home every two weeks so I have weekends up there. Talk to you soon and will send you and ALF new email address. Alana finished three days of training and started in Forensics Unit today. Went to a crime scene, it was too cool for words. from what she told me. She even halped bag em and tag em!!! She is working rotating shifts, but is pumped up. Say hi to Anna Banana, Frank Lola and Arthur. And tell them there will be a new baby Maggie at our house. Built like a Visla, but an almost 4 month old Lab mix, absolutelt Black, chewing on all shoes, and everything else. But dont worry, by the time Arthur and Lola visit, she will be calmed down. My dog whisperer husband is in charge. Talk to you soon, I miss you! Love, Little Aunt Barbara

The Cruisin' Fools said...

Hi got your blog from your daughter ALF. She got my blog from my daughter Priszm. ALF just told me that you are soon to return from a cruise to Alaska. I would like to hear your thoughts about that cruise and invite you to view our blog @ http://thecruisinfools.blogspot.com/.
Tim of the Tim and Diane cruisin fools.

Anonymous said...

how's life ? hubcapsrevenge.blogspot.com blogger discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com